The Great British Spring Clean
After the very successful village tidy ups in 2015 and 2016, this year Kingston Lisle and Fawler will take part in the “Great British Spring Clean” campaign to spring clean the parish.
We will meet outside the Village Hall at 11am on 18 March and blitz the parish from the crossroads north of the railway bridge down to Blowing Stone Hill crossroads and through Fawler, picking up litter and cleaning road signs. The aim is for volunteers to devote no more than an hour of their time in an allocated zone. Nobody will have to handle anything hazardous, ‘organic’ or outright unpleasant–we just want to rid the parish verges of plastic bottles, coffee cups, cigarette packets, etc. We’ve got supplies of tabards and litter grabbers, but if you have your own please bring them if possible.
We’d really welcome volunteers. Please join us at 11 am with:
• gardening or rubber gloves
• any hi-viz wear you may possess (tabards/velcro strips, etc)
• hand wipes (if required)
• Sturdy footwear
• A few plastic or bin bags (we expect to have local authority-provided bin bags, but in case these do not appear)
Older children are very welcome, but please supervise them. If you’re in an outlying area it is fine to start to your litter-picking or sign-washing without coming up to the village hall at 11 am, but please let us know so we don’t duplicate effort. We’re providing stew and a drink at the village hall at around 12:30 and hope all volunteers will be able to join us for that.
For more information please email us.
Email Address List
Over 40% of homes in the village have logged their email address with the Parish Clerk. It would be great if many more people would add their name to the list.
• The list is administered and used under data protection rules.
• Messages are only sent out by the Parish Clerk, who uses blind copy (bcc) to make sure recipients don’t see each other’s email addresses.
• People on the list will receive useful and timely information on a range of topics – village meetings and events, village walks, forwarded messages from the police, council and utility providers, lost/found pets, electronic copy of The Blower (saving distribution leg work!), etc.
Please sign up by simply emailing your address to the parish clerk