Community village bus service to & from Wantage twice a week – pls support!
In an effort to fill the hole left by Oxfordshire County Council’s cancellation of our village bus service, the UBW (Uffington, Baulking and Woolstone) Minibus Association have started a community run service to Wantage town centre every Wednesday and Friday.
The service will start in Uffington at 9.30am and will then call at Kingston Lisle, Westcot, Sparsholt and Childrey on the way to Wantage.
The Wednesday service will return from Wantage at around midday and the Friday service will return at around 11.30am.
- Potential users must register in advance with the UBW (contact details below). Membership is available to all, and there is no charge to join.
- Registered users then call UBW to book a place for a specific day (at least whilst the service gets up & running).
- The service will stop at existing bus stops – for Kingston Lisle this will be the corner of Hill View (estimated 9:45)
- The service will drop off and collect for the return journey in Sainsbury’s car park, Wantage.
- Bus passes are valid, otherwise fares on the UBW community service are comparable to the former 67 service.
Please help to support this service – without it, many residents of Kingston Lisle will be left without any means of getting to & from Wantage, for shopping, banking, the library, seeing friends etc.
For more information, to become a member and to book a seat, please contact:-
- John Hatcher on 01367 820417 or by email (click).
This is a ‘work in progress’ community run service, – do you have ideas or input on how the service can be improved, serve our communities better and survive? Please get in touch with John Hatcher of the UBW on 01367 820417 or by email (click).
Could you help by driving?
There is always a need for drivers and the commitment to drive is only around half a day every 4 weeks. Training will be given and age range is 25 to mid 70’s. If you would like to help as a driver, please contact John Hatcher.